View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 09:27 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
The sauna theory is 'solid logic'?

If the balls were in the sauna only for a short amount of time (just the time it would have taken to inflate them), then that's not long enough for the hot temperature to really effect the PSI. If they were in the sauna for an extended amount of time, they would be wet from the steam and the refs would have questioned a wet football (a wet football doesn't dry out quickly).

You Cheatriots fans are really grasping for straws at this point. I don't blame you though. I'm sure it's a hard fact to swallow that the team you grew up loving to root for has to cheat to get a competitive advantage.
No, not enough time to affect the ball, but the air that gets added would be hot. And cooling would put them around 2 psi lower.

I didn't say I knew that was done, just that an actual scientist had suggested it and it seemed for sure like a loophole the Pats would use if they thought it would give them an edge.

I do think that while the rule would technically allow it, by the spirit of the rule it's quite shady. And I also think there will be fines, maybe a draft pick loss no matter what the NFL finds.

The NFL is one of the oddest businesses I've seen.
Grab your stuff on field? That's a $20K fine.
Sell a framed photo collection prominently including the same crotch grab? Totally ok !

Harass your own teammate so he leaves the team and nearly quits altogether? And have management know all about it? One guy gets suspended for the rest of the year. Nothing for the others or for management.

Film from the wrong spot? That's a half million and a draft pick.

Simply bizarre.

Steve B