View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 05:43 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregr2 View Post
This is what I thought would happen from the beginning. Some no name, low level employee would get blamed and fired for this. The Patriots (Tom Brady) will of course claim that they never ever ever ever ever ever told him to reduce the air pressure in the balls, he just did it on his own.
Agreed. I once took the fall for a multi-million dollar deal that failed, even though I had nothing to do with it - but I was a paramecium and even the people on the other side of the deal understood what was happening. I even had management explain the situation to me beforehand, and we all agreed (me included) that it was best that we put my name on it as opposed to blaming the guilty and losing the deal.

I got a raise and a promotion for doing so. This is all part of business 101. The equipment manager will get a lobster dinner and a huge pile of cash. The Pats are grateful, but the behavior on all sides was expected. Even the NFL will be happy with such an outcome - it was the only way this could end, so I don't doubt it in the least.