View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 02:34 PM
Steve

Default Superstition Mtn..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
Sometimes I think "MOMS" get an unfair blame for trashing BB card collections.

I'd say "MOVES" are more to blame than MOMS (for trashed collections).

I was lucky since my Sister and her husband purchased our folks house from my MOM.....after my Dad passed away.

When I was in the AIR FORCE, my Mom placed all my goodies from my youth in a large box which she stored in our attic.
There this stuff stayed for 12 years....Lionel trains, stamp collection albums, 1947 BOND BREAD BB cards, 1948 LEAF FB
and Boxing cards, 1949 LEAF BB cards, 1948 - 1952 BOWMAN BB & FB cards, and 100's of 1952 TOPPS BB cards.
TED Z
I dunno, Ted - when I joined the AF in '61, was still a teenager, but knowing that my mom was a compulsive house-cleaner, i tried to hide my stash of BB cards and comics in an old trunk in my dad's domain - the garage, where mom seemed never to venture. The dreaded letter arrived at Lackland several weeks in, with mom snarkily informing that she had finally nagged dad into cleaning out the garage, and, lo and behold, they found an old trunk full of useless ephemera from my youth and did me the great kindness of disposing of it before i came home from basic. There were no '52 Topps discarded, though, as the stores in my small town in upstate NY carried only Bowman that year, as far as i could tell. The closest i came to a '52 Bowman Mantle was a half dozen dupes of Peanuts Lowery.