View Single Post
Old 01-20-2003, 03:26 PM
Administrator

Default Thoughts on paying for an item with 0 feedback seller

Posted By: Wesley

You're right Leon. This is completely different from the previous circumstance.

With the matter at hand, I agree with the concensus that questions should have been asked prior to bidding and that you will have to follow through with the transaction on way or another. That said, I cannot believe you are sending certified funds to this guy!!! He has had his ebay handle for a little while and has not had a positive (or negative) transaction. Your best bet would have been to have someone you know in that area pick up the card for you. This still would not ensure that your card is legitimate unless your liason is familiar with this issue.

If I were in your shoes (and I am not saying I ever will be as sophisticated because I am as you know very much a beginner in these hobby matters), I would Fed Ex a bank cashier check (not money order) and have clear instructions for the seller to Fed Ex the card to you upon receipt of payment. The next day, you will have an opportunity to inspect the card until you are content. In all likelihood, all will be fine.

If the package does not arrive, I would stop payment on the cashier check. If you do receive the card and you discover the card is not authentic I would stop payment on the cashier check. If the card is not as described, I would stop payment on the cashier check. Fed Ex the card back to the seller and you are out three days of your valuable time and the cost of three Fed Ex packages. Good luck to you, Wesley