View Single Post
Old 03-06-2005, 04:22 PM
Administrator

Default O/T: Great Night Tonight

Posted By: Judge Dred

I've done quite a bit of flying in my time. I've logged so much time in aiports and airplanes that it sickens me to think about how much time I've spent doing it:

I've sat next to Aaron Neville and Cheryl Miller on flights. The ineresting part about Aaron Neville was I saw him at an airport about two weeks later and he said hello to me and we talked for a few minutes. I've never seen him since then. During the flight he sang a little bit and talk about politics and other subjects. He was one of the friendliest persons I've ever met on a plane.

I was two seats across from Jimmy Carter (he was in a window seat and there were two secret service agents between us - I was in the same row two seats over in a window seat). I was able to speak to him for a few minutes and get an autograph.

I sat close to Lyle Alzedo (it was towards the end of his life, he was so frail).

I was two seats away from Johnny Bench from Paris to Cincinatti. I didn't want to bother him for his autograph.

Oh yes, I sat next to Pat Day (great jockey) on a flight.

I saw Randy Jones (1976 Natl League Cy Young award winner) in Hawaii, we were waiting for our luggage to come off the plane. We talked baseball for about 15 minutes, it was pretty interesting.

I've seen quite a few other celebrities in different airports.