View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 02:34 PM
Mike Biggans

Having been in sales for the bulk of my working career, who would want the reputation of their business to hinge on stories of poor customer service? Especially in 2016!

There are so many ways PSA and any of the other grading companies can insure quality service throughout the process.

With technology as cheap and easy as it is these days, there is no reason there shouldn't be standards in the processing of cards to photograph or video each and every shipment to them so that they can have evidence right out of the box that things are okay.

Beyond that, for the quality control sake of your graders, who BTW, should be well paid and well educated, photographing each submission throughout the process.

The technology is so cheap and easy to use that there very well could be a quick snap at each level that would not lengthen the process, in order to protect themselves.

Going forward, on the customer service side, the previous commenter is correct, they should have proactively reached out to the submitter and took care of full price on the card and allowed the submitter to keep it, slabbed at the lower grade.

In the event that a human error did occur, rather than believing they intentionally covered it up, upon submission of a complaint, PSA or whatever grading company, could go back through the photographic evidence and deal with the grader appropriately, based on severity.

On top of that they then should have done the same full market value and return lower grade card.

In my experience, I would never let my reputation be lost over something as simple as making things right. I want people to know they can count on me no matter what happens.

I apologize for the lengthy response, but if it were my company, I would not want even one sale lost over human error. The right people should be held accountable and the customer should be feel more than satisfied after such an incident.

*Also, should have thrown in some free submissions and subscriptions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk