Thread: USPS
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 01:54 AM
Administrator

Default USPS

Posted By: BlackSoxFan

Just fyi, each store is a franchise (formerly a MBE). Believe it or not ... their shipping rates are handed down by corporate ... i know this b/c my auction house has a signed contract with ups and one of the stores here in town to handle all of our shipping. I've read their contract over with a fine tooth comb as well.... the other problem is for example....ebay/ups website/ups store software/individual vendor sites. I can't tell you how many times we've had to eat shipping money b/c the ebay calculator spits back some bogus number to the customer. Ever notice how even for UPS - which does ins. in blocks of $100/dollar - the insurance rate it spits back to you is always in partial dollars. The software stinks....ALL OF IT depending on what particular item you have ... you could end up with 4 different prices.... Yes each store can charge what they want for supplies and whatever else, but shipping rates are not determined by the store itself. I'm not saying to go back to the stores simply b/c of this fact, it's all about the way you are treated, but believe it or not.... there's more to the story. UPS has all the different rates for the same package!

Regards,

Black Sox Fan

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

email me