View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 09:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenavarro View Post
I feel relatively confident that the large majority of rational autograph collectors (except for the submitter and whomever sold to the submitter) would strongly prefer that they don't certify autographs they are not sure about.

You get all bent because they certed a Sayers supposedly with no exemplars (or at least none that they will share with you), but then out of the other side of your mouth you get bent with them for declining to opine on a different autograph.

Things that make you go hhmmm
Mr. Navarro, they pulled the Tom Sayers cert admitting they didn't have exemplars, but nice try. There is zero chance that PSA has exemplars that the boxing autograph community doesn't have after 50 years of sharing exemplars between dedicated and experienced hobbyists.

The question you have to ask yourself is why aren't they sure about this Julian autograph? They claim to be WORLDS experts! I didn't have to pull up any exemplars of Julian for me to know it is good because I had seen Julian's autograph before and this one is textbook. Steve Grad, the world boxing expert must not have had the same experience in boxing autographs. That is what makes me go hmmmm- why people think they are the worlds experts and know boxing but continuously boot the ball on it.

PSA claims no exemplars. There are easily exemplars of Julian around for anyone who wants to spend a modicum of time looking for them, which they must not.

It's THEIR JOB to know these autographs, and claiming no exemplars when there are easily exemplars to be had, is not doing their job in my book. Who looked at these autographs for Heritage? Did they even know who Martin Julian was?

Go ahead and submit a Jack Dempsey to an auction house and when PSA claims they can't opine due to a lack of exemplars, then go ahead and give them the benefit of the doubt and tell them you are glad they are honest and won't give their opinion on an autograph they aren't sure about because they can't find any Jack Dempsey autographs to compare them to.

It doesn't work. We know you are a PSA supporter so no matter how bad they screw up you will love them. Well, good for you.

And where is your appreciation for PSA doing the right thing and admitting no exemplars when they certed a Joe Choynski as real and now claim no exemplars?????? Can you answer that, Mr. Navarro? They get away with it because the Mr. Navarro's of the world let them get away with it and always have numerous excuses on hand why they shouldn't DO THEIR JOB they claim they are the world's experts at? If they are the world's experts, why is it they aren't as good as I am at boxing autographs? Does that make me the solar system expert?

Last edited by travrosty; 07-20-2013 at 10:00 PM.