View Single Post
Old 01-24-2018, 12:46 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 'stache View Post
I don't think Brady is the greatest of all-time. Why do people continually confuse team accomplishments with individual greatness?

Then, look at somebody like Dan Marino, who re-wrote all the passing records with absolutely nothing on his team besides Mark Clayton and Mark Duper. Give him the defense Brady has had, and that kind of a ridiculous mismatch at tight end. How many Super Bowls does he win?

If you want to call him a Hall of Famer, and all-time great, the greatest winner in the Super Bowl era--no problem. But when you start hailing him as the greatest to ever play the position, better-than-compelling arguments can be made that, while near the top, he is not the greatest all-time running away.
Quarterbacks dont play defense so Marino not having a Defense didnt impact his passing stats...he also had more weapons than just Clayton and Duper

I know its a team game but eventually year after year, if you keep winning super bowls not sure how that doest put you ahead. All of these comebacks even in last years super bowl against the falcons.. How do you measure that statistically. I know there are arguments you can make now even though 8 super bowls is getting silly...what if it gets to 14 super bowls? when the next 'great qb' in all history is stuck at 5...i do think it matters...and i hate brady by the way...