Thread: On the easel...
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 09:13 AM
Graig Kreindler

Sean, that's a good question. It's still on my 'to do' list. The problem is, that list is growing faster than I can paint. Originally, I wanted to have the thing done to display at our booth at this year's National in Chicago. But, we didn't end up getting one, since I didn't have much to show, so I guess the idea went to the back-burner. I REALLY hope I can to it soon, though. These deadball era images are just beyond inspiring.

Elm, thank you so much for the kind words - you make me blush!! As of now, there aren't any solid plans to do prints, though it's still something that my agent and I are looking into further. I think we're still just looking for the right opportunity - if there is one. But, if you'd like, you can keep an eye on my Facebook fanpage, as I'm hoping to run a contest soon to win a free painting (or maybe even two).

Regarding Mays, well to be honest, I had not thought of painting him as a Met. But I must say, now I'm a bit intrigued. The idea of him coming back to NY in the twilight of his career, and only a shadow of his former self, it could make for a great narrative. Do you have any specific moments or photos in mind?

Graig