View Single Post
Old 02-28-2023, 02:02 PM
Glyn Parson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Hobby reference material will provide the "standard" size of cards for the different card issues.

Would it be a surprise to anyone if the number of vintage cards in high grade with razor sharp corners did not meet the "standard" size criteria?

And if the above is the case, what could be deduced from that information?

You simply can't go by the size of the card, but it's not a bad starting point to wonder if the card is trimmed.

I collect T206s but I'm not an aficionado. However I can see the huge variance in sizes for the T206 offerings (for example - AB back cards are more narrow than other backs). I would still have to believe that if a majority of high grade (razor sharp corners) T206 cards are smaller than the standard size card, then it's going to be difficult to convince me the card wasn't doctored.
I agree but a small devils advocate argument is the smaller ones are also nicer because they were protected by the larger size cards in a stack above and below it. Don’t believe me look how beat oversized cards end up compared to non oversized in a stack of vintage cards. But in all honesty one of the biggest reasons they are smaller is they are trimmed it’s just not the only reason.