View Single Post
Old 03-26-2018, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
No need.

There are a hundred balls like the one I'm alluding to. It's a well-known elephant in the room that no one is interested in dealing with - too much money is being made.

The last Ruth forgery baseball that I complained about here had a letter from a highly-respected authenticator, and the only person who said a word about it was one of the best friends of the authenticator, who bad-mouthed me and said that I don't have half the knowledge that his friend had. He's probably right - the difference is that I don't use what little knowledge I have to make money off of idiots. Everyone knew it was a forgery except the authenticator's friend. But all I heard here was crickets chirping.

I posted because I thought it was worth mentioning that there are non-collectors out there who think that because a ball is old and has a Ruth-like signature, a COA from a major auction house, and a $10K bidding war going on, that it must be real.

You at least had the balls to say something. You can't save the unwilling. witster