Thread: 4 Sharp Corners
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 02:00 PM
Scott B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedfrommyspokes View Post
Welcome to the forum.

As a collector, I generally do not email sellers about a better price....I either pass if the price is not to my liking or look for a seller who offers the same item with the best offer option and make an offer through that seller. I can't remember ever sending a seller a message to solicit a better price, however, I routinely send offers via the best offer option.

As a seller, I use the best offer option to indicate to buyers I am willing to entertain reasonable offers on an item. However, as I have costs to cover, if the item I am offering does not have the best offer option, I also pass on any offers like you made.
All of the sellers i have dealt with have given me what I wanted. Probably because I was reasonable with my offers. If I buy one card from a dealer I understand the price and shipping will be what it is. If I buy two cards from the same dealer (that each card had its own listing) then I would expect them to combine shipping. If I buy multiple items, say 5 or 6 or 10 etc., I would expect a reasonable discount. Combine all the cards into one listing and I buy it straight away with the discounted price, or I put them all in my shopping cart and then ask for a total, and they can give the discount there.

Never really had any refusals from any seller at all ever in the over hundred purchases I made over the years, until the one mentioned. Are they bad sellers on eBay, no. If someone asked whether they should buy from them, I would say go ahead. But for me, on anything I buy i expect to pay what I think is reasonable, I'm not outrageous, so if I don't get what I want, I spend my money elsewhere. The seller loses my business but he has as much right to refuse me as i do to offer what I offer. I just won't buy from them anymore.