Thread: Bryce Harper
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 03:12 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Klein View Post
I'm old school in very many ways but I thought the Prince Fielder Walk off Celebration was one on the best things I ever saw in baseball. I much preferred that to Kendry Morales jumping wrong on home plate and missing 2 years of his career

Loosen up and have some fun
I hated it in part because it was vs the Giants in the heart of a tough, eventually failed late season playoff push... but I also think many/most pre-rehearsed celebrations come across as lame. IMO, only a select few pull it off with the right style and tone... most just come across a baggy (TO running to the star or pulling out his sharpie, Joe Horn with his hidden cell phone in goal post--- very bad... Angry John Baldwin squatting and crapping the football after his SB TD--- vulgar... Chad Johnson legally changing his name to Ochocinco--- hilarious).

Of course, this is all a matter of personal opinion and no one is "right". I don't really care that people fall on different sides of this argument, nor do I hold varying opinions against anyone (please keep on loving Prince's explosion at home). I am happy to see the game is still relevant enough for this argument, and will say again, I think this style clash makes the game much more fun.