View Single Post
Old 03-12-2017, 07:49 PM
Sam Lemoine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcollins View Post
Doesn't happen much anymore because I've aged, but dealers that refuse to pay attention to kids and/or younger looking people. I used to go to shows back in my teens or early 20's with like $1,500 cash in my pocket that I did not plan on bringing home. Then would stand at a guy's table for 5 or 10 minutes while he refused to break-up his idle chat with the dealer next to him to see if perhaps I wanted to see something inside the showcase that I've been hovering over and breathing on. Ok, no skin off my nose. I would just move on and none of those guys ever got my business.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I had this exact experience when I was a teen. I saved money to go to a card show and when I asked to see some cards from the 1950's (this was in the early 80's), I was basically told to go pound sand.

I'll be honest. I've met very few dealers or collectors that I actually like. So, I'd just as soon do my buying from the internet and skip the live shows. I haven't entered a card shop or attended a show since maybe 2003. Of course, since there are no shops anywhere near me, so that kind of helps the situation...