View Single Post
Old 02-06-2016, 12:09 AM
qu@n nguy3n

he's probably overhyped, but i don't know if he's overrated. yes his babip is very high, and with someone like trout with his speed you say that could be sustainable...but i just checked and bryant line drive rate and hard hit ball rate is nothing to write home about, so i'd say he was extremely lucky last year. not saying he's not already a productive player, but he'd have to change his approach to reach that superstardom level.

and he's nowhere the level of trout/harper/correa presently. those guys are generational players who've put up multiple all stars/mvp seasons by them time they're at bryant's age...and correa just beasted thru the league at his age 20 season. if lindor can show his offense is not a mirage i'd take him over bryant also.

as for prospecting these guys my one rule is when in doubt, go with the white guy in the big market. so load up on your giolitos over urias.

edit: just read over the thread. at no point was harper considered a bust, he was injury-prone and missed games but always productive while he was in the lineup. mixing babip with strikeout rate is not good...since the modern game kind of digs the 3 true outcome guys. if you want to know if babip is sustainable just look at their line drive rate and exit ball velocity...which bryant ranked near the 200s of all players, while his babip was 5th (so big red flag).

Last edited by chaddurbin; 02-06-2016 at 12:36 AM.