View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 09:01 AM
Ben North

NDA was a common thing in the industry. We had a Score plant here for a short time and had one 50 miles away that lasted the entire time they produced BB cards. I know it was very strictly enforced at both plants.

If you talked to anyone about anything they would fire you at a minimum. They would also press charges if you took anything home or even got caught dumpster diving.

Before 1991 they also made sure that little to no print error cards left the factory. The only thing that somehow got out was a ton of 89 blank backs. Not sure how they got out because I know the person in charge of destroying them at the time. I did get a few(very few) 89 and 90 Score wrong backs but nothing else.

EDIT:to add thanks for posting the article. I did notice they didn't show the tables full of star players pulled to sell directly to large dealers. I know Score used to pull 10s if not 100s of thousands of cards of EACH star player to sell directly to large dealers. Remember how back then you could buy huge lots of single star players. All those didn't come from dealers breaking up sets.

Last edited by bnorth; 07-08-2019 at 10:49 AM.