Thread: 2014 In Review
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2014, 01:20 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Interesting idea for a thread.

One thing I liked in general is that the postwar forum has had a series of really strong research threads on regional and non-mainstream issues. The expertise here is quite impressive and I have learned so much about issues I really did not think of before. Off the top of my head there have been threads on Post/Jello, 1968 Topps Milton Bradley, Post FB, and various late 70s-early 80s soda issues. I am also enjoying the memorabilia forum where there have been some eye-openers on different ephemera items, the highlight of which for me has been the various snapshot threads. I've gotten more into those over the last few years as really pure expressions of the joy of the athletes and sports.

On a more personal note, the top research find for me was the Philadelphia Caramel advertising sheet that corresponds to the back printing on the E79-E95 analog cards. I have wondered about those issues for better than a decade and I think we've finally put the questions to bed. Another one I liked was the recent confirmation of a Rocky Marciano Slidewell Bows premium [it's in the boxing forum if you are interested in the H815 thread]. Again, a longtime hobby rumored issue confirmed.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 12-27-2014 at 01:22 PM.