View Single Post
Old 11-30-2016, 04:41 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

A few weeks ago, my brother and his wife came to town (they live in an Atlanta 'burb) along with my (half)sister from Utah.

I live alone and my condo is set up that way...just this side of being agoraphobic. In short, I'm not very skilled as a host.

Well, big brother prevailed upon me to show off some of my collection:

I went off to my secret hiding place and brought back one of my fire-proof safes.

There are 69 high-dollar cards in that safe and many of them have good stories behind either the player or the actual card.

As I expounded on each, I did not see any eyes rolling and heard no heavy sighs.

Whenever I discuss my cards to someone 'outside' the hobby, I try to explain that I'm attracted to the fact that each card is like a tiny time capsule; a unique slice of history.

My three guests, all being of the baby-boomer generation appreciated that note as much as the rich details I laid on them so very skillfully.

I do my best to stay away from those who don't appreciate history, especially those who refuse to learn from it.

h

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente

Last edited by clydepepper; 11-30-2016 at 04:58 PM.