View Single Post
Old 10-15-2005, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Default home runs, statistics and steroids

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

Clemens on roids? Wow. Look at another ex-Astro whose career lasted much longer than most. I believe that Clemens and Ryan can attribute their longevity to a strict training regimine and the fact that they only had to abuse themselves every 5 days or so. I'd be willing to bet that they protected those arms and realized the importance of strong legs in their profession.

Bonds will always be the poster "child" (athlete) for baseball players "accused" of taking steroids. Bonds is a gifted athlete but the fact that he keeps denying it really makes a lot of the public feel insulted. Bonds says that steroids doesn't improve help eye/hand coordination... no duh... but that bat speed thing has just a little to do with the equation of crushing the ball. Bonds eye/hand coordination didn't need improving, he's gifted with great eye/hand coordination.

Look at the STATS for Bonds:

1986 - 1999 AB: 6976 HR: 377 HR/18.5 AB

2000 - 2005 AB: 2164 HR: 263 HR/8.2 AB

I have a hard time believing that he had an epiphany about hitting a baseball after coming off his injury in 2000. He trained hard in the off season and came back stronger than ever. Yes, players mature and often reach their prime later in their careers but this is a bit of a stretch. Remember the "clear" and the "cream" and thousand dollar tubes of "flax seed oil"...

I realize some people in this forum are going to hate this post but since it was brought up I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents...

I'm sorry if anyone is offended by my opinion, but it is my opinion. Bonds would have gone down as one of the greatest ball players without any enhancements. It's too bad his legacy will be questioned and tarnished.

I give credit to McGwire for being an honest person.