View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 01:51 PM
Administrator

Default 7th Annual Network54 VBCF National Dinner RSVP thread

Posted By: leon

Yes, my fine feathered friends this is what we have all (well a lot of us) have been waiting for. I just spoke with the folks at the Embassy Suites and everything is fine for our Dinner. It will be at the Embassy Suites O'Hare Rosemont Hotel, which is across the street from the convention. It will happen on Thursday, July 31st, 2008, from 6pm until 12am. All board members THAT RSVP are welcome. I have to have rsvp's as that is how I will tell their catering how many to make food for(and pay for). The whole thing will be free to all attendees. Children, friends, and significant others are welcome but I need to have rsvp's for them too. If you think you can make it but are not sure then you can rsvp as a "maybe" because if you don't rsvp at all you probably won't be able to get in. I will need folks first and last names please. If you don't want to post in this thread you can email me at leonl@flash.net, as I will be keeping a spreadsheet of rsvp's....I will have hand written name tags just like last year and in order to get drink tickets you need to have one on....it's not a big deal but does help folks recognize each other. Dinner will be buffet style, served around 7:45, and will be a Pasta Bar or Stir fry station and accompaniments. When we took a poll previously the Pasta Bar (with chicken, shrimp and lots of veggies) was the most popular by 2 to 1 over the Stir Fry station (teriyaki beef, chicken shrimp, veggies). When you rsvp if you would be so kind as to say whether you would like the Pasta bar or stir fry station it will help in the preparation. There will also be several hors d'oeuvres. I look forward to seeing everyone there....best regards

edited a word of gramma