View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 08:39 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngnichols View Post
Beckett has sub-grades on their modern cards and has specific rules for the overall grade in relation to the individual sub-grades.

It boggles my mind why you wouldn't do this and I believe in a short amount of time that could boost their vintage submissions AND give them better credibility in the vintage market.
I didn't realize they were still doing it with modern. I thought it fell to the way side?

I agree with the second bold. I think most people want to know, like me, why their card received the grade it did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Irv,

That would be funny but, it wouldn't be a steady stream like that.
BobC
I guess I misunderstood you in your first post, Bob? I thought you were referring that the 3 current TPG's self manage/oversee each others business's, not that a 4th, unbiased person(s) do that.

There is quite a bit to what you do and have to do, but personally, I don't ever see that happening in this hobby. It would be nice, at least to some extent, but I don't imagine any of that comes cheap, nor would it be readily accepted by the TPG's, nor the big players in this hobby who would have a say.