View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 09:39 PM
Administrator

Default PSA counterfeit cards!!! Beware

Posted By: marty quinn

kevin saucier- card detection i get.

but how will you even stop this with a legit holder and a perfection of the tab??

if you can do this so easily why can't someone else? maybe even better.

you say you can help, (great) what can one do to combat this?

what if they start using the legit slabs with spot on tabs and real cards, buy the psa,sgc 1's and restore them to 5-6's, plenty of money in the 5's and 6's to be made form the 1's!! unless you inspect every card that hits ebay and auctions you realy can't help enough to make an impact. most people including expierenced collectors on this forum will not be able to tell that 5 or 6 from a 1 that was restored if enough wear is left on the card, why- because it still is a legit card, and trying to spot restoration from a scan is well "very tough" if not impossible. i mean you yourself have to use black light sometimes and i am sure other devices to detect this..

please note kevin- i am not discounting what help you can provide,(any help is better than none)and what you have done is a servicve already, but these questions will be asked and will need to be addressed.....it will come down to knowing your seller and then relying on them knowing that what they have is legit....you said you added your 2 cents, i think we need the other 98.........holy cow this could get so disgusting..