View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 04:08 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1961 View Post
Dale, that's a marvelous treasure, bro. So happy for you to have that. I remember when you first posted it, and definitely am glad to see it again.

In 1971, a dear family friend gave me a black 'n white photo he received from his friend, Leo Best, who was a guest with his wife at the dinner table, where the owner and some of the Yankees were dining. With the presence of Mr. Topping, I would surmise it was taken at the swanky hotel the Yanks stayed at during spring training.

Maybe I can try to load it up one day. Most people don't care for shots with players in their civilian clothes, but it's such a great conversation piece. I mean, there the guy is, seated at the table with his wife, conversing with Dan Topping. Around the table, smiling at the camera are:

Yogi Berra, Billy Martin, and Mickey Mantle. Billy is really smirking; no surprise there. There's another player I cannot identify. My friend was having trouble too; perhaps he was a reserve player. Which then makes for a good reason to load 'er up on Net54. We got some mid-50s Yankee fans who are great "EAGLE EYES". One or more of them could identify the man. We really have a lot of guys who truly enjoy being helpful.

Take care, Dale, have a happy new year, and some time please tell me about your 1952 Topps set building.

All the best, bro. ---Brian Powell
Happy New Year to you as well, Brian.

That would be a great pic to see, Brian. If you get the chance someday, please it up as I am sure I am not the only one who would enjoy seeing it.