Thread: The SCDA trip
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2005, 07:30 AM
Administrator

Default The SCDA trip

Posted By: jay behrens

SCDA and Mastro were on the same the tour becuase MAstro was the one that sold the bat and were kind enough to agree to host this meeting.

As Bushing pointed out, the game used field is all about your comfort level with the item in question becuase no matter what the provonance of the item, you are making a leap of faith as to what the item is. When the bat originally came to light, it was was thru Henrich's daughter and she knew nothing of the history of the bat. She just knew they were bats from her father's playing days. I'm not a bat expert, but I know enough about bats that if she had offered me this bat, I would not have questioned wether it was a gamer or not. It had all the proper makings for a profesional model and I am sure this is what the original deal was based on.

I am sure the original buyer is kicking himself. But then again, he probably would have never done any further research into the bat and it would just be another DiMaggio gamer. So it was dumb luck and circumstance that brought to light the fact that this was a Streak bat.

Jay

I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.