Thread: The SCDA trip
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2005, 10:26 AM
Administrator

Default The SCDA trip

Posted By: jay behrens

The original group of bats was bought for $45,000. There was only one DiMaggio bat in the group.

The reason Bushing had no idea the bat was a Streak bat is becuase Henrich daughter had no clue. All she knew was that she had a bunch of bats from her father's playing days.

Bushing did not decide that after teh initial sale fell thru that this was a Streak bat. He didn't come to this conclusion until after he started doing more reseach on the bat. Prior to the inital sale, he had no reason to believe that the bat wasn't gamer, and I know enough about bats that even with my limited knowledge, I would have been comfortable with that. He could have jsut as easily tried to flip the bat to someone else, but becuase doubts were raised about the bat, did more research on it. Bushing readily admits that this a dumb luck case. He said he was just looking to flip the bats quick and no would be the wiser if that inital deal had not fallen thru.

Dan can probably answer this better than I can but if I remember right, he was given the bat shortyl after the streak ended.

The H&B exeec is a former exec from years back, not a current exec. This might be another spot where Dan knows more details than I do.

A lot of my inital post is just quick and dirty without a lot of details, so don't questions like these don't really bother me.

Jay

I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.