Thread: The SCDA trip
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2005, 11:53 AM
Administrator

Default The SCDA trip

Posted By: Aaron

"...but we also got to handle other game used DiMaggio bats that showed use on all parts of the bat."

This is so cool, Dan. I don't know why anybody would question your favorable reaction to Mastro and SCDA after this kind of treatment.

When I visit with them at the National, my wish list is to tour the Mastro facility and see all of their cool summer offerings (I would assume I'll be allowed to handle whatever I want). I'd also like to visit Bill Mastro's home and see his personal collection. As I've noted before, seeing his collection on TV is what motivated me to get back into the hobby, so this would be a big thrill for me (hint, hint).

BTW, what should I expect by way of food? Did they give you a stipend or provide a buffet? If it's a buffet, then I'd like some input on what they serve (I hate fish).

Also, did they put you up at a hotel? How about airfare? My wife is advising me to schedule my trip to Mastro and SCDA during the National so they can pick up the tab for airfare and hotel.