Thread: The SCDA trip
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2005, 02:06 PM
Administrator

Default The SCDA trip

Posted By: Aaron

Jay:

Sorry, man, I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. It would appear you have adopted the SCDA position on conflict of interest and disclosure and that's something I just can't support.

Regardless of whether the trip was a PR farce or a legitimate, transparent inquiry, I think the issues presented are best left to Adam and the Planich lawsuit. Certainly whatever questions we have regarding SCDA and the various auction houses it authenticates and consigns to will be answered under that neutral proceeding (and under oath).

Anyway, as far as legit questions, one thing I was wondering is what percentage of game used bats and other equipment that are carried in an average Mastro auction were also consigned by SCDA or its authenticators?

The reason I'm asking (and this was a question I placed to you earlier in the thread) is why Mastro and other auction houses are resistant to the idea of disclosing conflict of interest in an item description?

Wouldn't it remove the appearance of impropriety if they just listed "LOA and Consignment by Bushing" or whoever happened to authenticate it if he also owned the item?

To me it seems like a simple step, so I don't understand their aversion to it.