View Single Post
Old 01-31-2015, 11:24 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by familytoad View Post
Question for Bill, what made you call out Drew Brees as someone who "pads their stats"? I think his numbers are obviously terrific, his defense is historically terrible, running game nothing better than mediocre and his team must pass a lot to win. Sounds like he's playing to the situation. Not many better passers in the game past or present in my opinion. What stood out to you that he's padding any differently than say "Peyton"?
I have always liked Brees because he can do so much with the height disadvantage, but I would put him in a class with Dan Fouts and Jurgensen (out of the ones I've seen). I remember thinking Favre was right up there, but Rodgers made me forget him. You guys are helping me come up with a better list: Montana, Young, Staubach, Rodgers, Marino. Then Manning and Brady. Then Elway and Favre. I have to admit that I also loved Don Meredith, but I was a Cowboys fan and he was the leader when I was a kid.

Very interesting the choices being made. I love that Unitas is the favorite of many who have also seen today's stars. I'm dying to re-watch some old Colts film. I think if you watched Bart Starr play, you'd also be impressed.

GO HAWKS!!!

Last edited by Runscott; 01-31-2015 at 11:25 AM.