View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 02:27 AM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by itjclarke View Post
I'm with Bill on Rodgers, he is virtually the perfect quarterback. He may have the greatest combination of measurable talent (speed, arm), smarts, and intangible traits (leader, calm and full awareness in the pocket and down field). I read an article criticizing him and saying he'd never be truly great because he doesn't take enough chances, using his low INT% to prove this point. IMO this was some of the laziest professional analysis I've seen... just watch the guy! He not only fits the ball into tight windows as well as anyone, he's able to identify windows that will open for a split second.
Hey Ian,

It is very lazy analysis. He doesn't take enough chances? LOL, Aaron Rodgers pushes the ball down the field more than any quarterback in the NFL:

Adjusted net yards per pass attempt 2014

1. Rodgers, GB 8.65
2. Romo, Dal 8.11
3. Roethlisberger, Pitt 7.82
4. Manning, Den 7.68
5. Luck, Ind 7.28

Rodgers gets, on average, a half more yard per pass attempt than any other quarterback in the NFL. He gets more than a yard more per pass attempt than every quarterback in the NFL, save for Romo, Roethlisberger and Manning. Yet he also....has the lowest interception rate in the NFL. He throws the longest passes, but gets intercepted the least.

Interception rate 2014

1. Rodgers, GB 1.0
2. Smith, KC 1.3
3. Palmer, Cinn 1.3
4. Roethlisberger, Pitt 1.5
5. Brady, NE 1.5%
6. Wilson, Sea 1.5%
7. Stafford, Det 2.0%
8. Carr, Oak 2.0%
9. Tannehill, Mia 2.0%
10. Romo, Dal 2.1%

What wide receiver has the most 60 + yard receptions since the start of the 2011 season?

Jordy Nelson has 12 of them to lead the NFL. 9 for touchdowns.
Victor Cruz is second with 10.
Only Cruz and DeSean Jackson (8) even have half as many as Nelson over that span.

Not surprisingly, since 2011, Rodgers leads the NFL with 20 passes of 60 + yards.

But yeah, he doesn't take chances. Methinks that writer is a moron. Or he doesn't watch Green Bay play. Or both. I can't tell you how many times I've seen Rodgers chuck it downfield 40 yards on 3rd and 3. And he makes a lot of them. But it sometimes makes me nuts.

"What the hell are you DOING, Aar....oh, never mind. Touchdown, Packers. What a great throw!"

I've said that at least three times in the last year. That's why he gets the big bucks/MVPs/Olivia Munn.

The Packers need a new defensive coordinator. They need to resign Randall Cobb and Bryan Bulaga, and add two new middle linebackers-one via the draft, one via free agency. If they do that, I guarantee they win the Super Bowl again within two years.

The middle linebacking unit, which is the key to the 3-4 defense, is the weakest position on the Packers by far. And they keep burning the Packers.

Brad Jones doesn't need to be anywhere near Green Bay next year. He's the guy that blew it on the fake field goal touchdown. I was yelling at my tv. Apparently he's too dumb to see what was going on.

And A.J. Hawk, God love him, he just doesn't have it anymore. He's taken pay cut after pay cut to stay in Green Bay, and I'll always love his loyalty to the team. But he can't start anymore, and he really doesn't offer much from a rotational standpoint, either. These guys can't wrap up on anybody. And they don't have the speed to close gaps. You're constantly seeing our safeties having to run up because our linebackers lose contain, and running backs shoot up through the gap, and right by them. We were much better in the second half when we folded Clay into the middle linebacking rotation, but it wore him down.

Chase the quarterback. Shoot the gap. Chase the quarterback. Shoot the gap.

Is it any wonder he was gassed at the end of the 4th quarter?

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.