Thread: Clayton Kershaw
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2016, 10:32 PM
Bill Gregory

I think there will be a period of adjustment, and that could mean an increase in scoring. But the truly great pitchers have pinpoint control, and shouldn't be adversely affected by the change.

Syndergaard is having a great season. So is Jose Fernandez. I've been high on these two kids for quite a while. Syndergaard has reached a high level quicker than I thought he would. Fernandez, too. The only thing that's slowed Jose down has been injury. The guy's an absolute stud pitcher. As for Syndergaard, the Blue Jays have to be kicking themselves. How do you let a pitcher like that go??

If Matt Harvey turns it around (and his last start, seven innings of two hit shutout ball with 1 BB and 6 K against the White Sox is a real good sign), look out for this Mets team. Steven Matz has been on a roll (5-0, a 1.56 ERA his last six starts), de Grom has been real good (3-1, 2.62 ERA), and Zack Wheeler will be back sometime in July. That's a downright nasty five man rotation.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 06-03-2016 at 10:33 PM.