View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 10:28 AM
N.ate A.dams

I did know that actually. On the PSA site, they have a submission form for non-members.

Oh, and about accuracy. I may be relatively knew to this, but that it one thing I have noticed for sure. Sometimes their grades make you wonder if PSA is not just a glorified BCCG.

SGC is awesome. Everything about them is better. Their consistency, accuracy, holders, customer relations - far superior.

You realize that we can do something about this right?

Most people that submit to PSA do so because of the registry, that I know. If we all agree as a group to simply start to submit to SGC - for example, those of the NET54 members who are consistently paying attention to the feeds (I almost always see 70-80 viewing this Vintage BBC Forum) - and do so with uniform fidelity - this would make a HUGE dent in the registry after some time.

I'm not trying to start a "revolution", heh, what I am saying is that the NET54 has more sway than we are giving ourselves credit for - and I'm new here! We really can do something about this.

Maybe we can start a commitment thread. I'm not trying to be silly about this or make a huge deal about this, but it's obviously an important part of this hobby's community, a hobby that takes a lot of our valuable time - and empirically, carries some importance with us as well. I'm only taking the time to possibly take the lead on this, because I have enjoyed the helpfulness within this community and want to offer help in return. It seems to be made up of hard-working people who love the game of baseball, our nations history, and an extremely important part of our cultural development as a country. This pastime of ours (and yes, BASEBALL is the national pastime, not "American Football") has transcended ethnicity, race, classism, amongst other things. I think I'm preaching to the choir here, so I won't go on.

Needless to say, I love baseball - and I've thoroughly enjoyed the community of people here on NET54 that share these passions. I'd like to do something to help, and, at the present time - PSA seems to be one of the most detrimental problems to the betterment of the vintage baseball card community.

I'd love to hear people's thoughts. If you're on base (pun!) with my thoughts, let me know - I'll gladly start an SGC Commitment List/Thread. If you aren't - your antithetical opinions are more than welcome.

Thank you for your time,

Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Actually, this is wrong. You do not need to be a CC member to submit cards to PSA. You only need to be a CC member to take advantage of their monthly grading specials or bulk grading specials. You can submit cards under their other service levels w/o being a CC member.

Besides, if you want them graded accurately, you should just send them to SGC.