View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 10:42 AM
Kyle May

I can't believe Hoffman didn't get in 1st ballot. To me, main difference between him and Mo Rivera (borderline unanimous HoFer) is Mariano played for the Yankees, while Hoffman was a Padre.

On a different note... Has anyone ever been do an induction ceremony? Jim Thome is my favorite player of all time, and my buddy and I are looking to make the trip up to Cooperstown next year for the ceremony. Would love to get some tips.

Little side story. My best friend and I met in 4th grade. He was home schooled up until that point, and joined our class a month or so into the school year. He was real shy, so I went up and introduced myself at lunchtime. Found out he's a sports fan, especially Browns/Cavs/Indians. I asked him who his favorite baseball player is, he said Jim Thome. We've been best friends ever since. He's going to be my Best Man in my wedding next year.

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame