View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 10:53 AM

Mike---you must realize that Matt is the king of the gents that go for the jugular when it comes to centering. He searched long and wide for such a Mantle. You're right, of course, Darth Grader surely took his own light saber and whittled the grade down. Which, in turn, whittled the value down disproportionately so that Matt could bag this kingly gem. Technically, it must have somehow earned the 4.5. I have a Mantle like that, from another set. A small but definite flaw killed the grade to an SGC 50. Nuf said on that account.

Matt---congrats bro! Anyone who has the privilege of seeing that sumptuous feast of pop culture will get his fill. Boy oh boy, what a line-up of powerful items. Your gorgeous 52 Topps Mantle will glow like a beacon. How many dads will say, "Wow! Wow! Wow! There it is. A real 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle! I've seen pictures of this card. Here's the real thing. Amazing. It is SO beautiful!" The fathers' responses will leave indelible impressions on their impressionable sons, and perhaps a daughter or two.

I can imagine it will be difficult and trying to be apart from your gem for such a lengthy time. This is a sacrifice, bro. I salute you.

----Brian Powell

Last edited by brian1961; 03-11-2015 at 10:56 AM.