Thread: Cowboys Suck
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 07:11 AM
Rob
R0bert Ge,ntieu

I have been a Cowboys fan since growing up in the NJ suburbs in the early 80s, and I love this team despite the way they kill me almost every Sunday. I can honestly say I've never been more exasperated with this team than I am right now, and I feel like the situation is growing more hopeless with each poor-to-mediocre season.

The problem, as others have said, is NOT Romo. He was the #4 rated passer in the league this year behind Rodgers/Brees/Brady. Put him in good system, take him away from the circus and give him a good coach who can deal with quarterbacks (Andy Reid, for instance) and I bet this guy wins several Super Bowls. He feels like he is forced to make plays on almost every down because the rest of his team is devoid of playmakers, and his defense is atrocious beyond belief. So you are going to get the occasional "NO NO NO!!!" moment with Romo. But without Romo, this is a 2-14 team.

It all comes down to Jerry Jones. We are going on what - 16 years of futility and only a couple playoff wins in that timespan? The one constant is Jones. Most GMs get the chance to pick maybe 2 coaches, and if they don't succeed, guess what? The GM is fired. Not Jerry, he's on his 7th coach and you see the results. Garrett and his poor decisions are directly responsible for 3 Cowboys losses this season. I wish Jones would have enough self-awareness to see he is the problem, he is not a good evaluator of talent, and just swallow his pride and call up Jimmy Johnson and apologize. Of course that will never happen, and this team will continue to wallow in mediocrity or worse.

The worst part of all this is I fear it will continue for the next 75-100 years, as clearly the Jones succession plan is in place with his sons and grandsons.

Last edited by RobertGT; 01-08-2012 at 09:02 AM.