View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 10:58 AM
Dave

Jeez, this is becoming more commonplace then it's ever been. Going to make a couple separate rants here.

#1. Who the hell places a snipe bid with 6 seconds left to go in an auction, and then decides to never pay? $71 item. Gave the guy 16 days before I finalized the UPI, and nothing.

#2. No offense to anybody here because I'm sure 99% are great, but why is it nearly always the baseball guys who do this? If you see my avatar, you notice I specialize in boxing.......and then I dabble in all the other sports. 90%+ of what I sell is boxing, but the baseball items I sell consist of over 50% of the unpaid items cases I've had over the last several years.

Not football, not basketball, not hockey, not wrestling...............but baseball. Is it simply because there's a deeper pool of collectors in this area?

Is it because the baseball guys are used to bidding in Probstein and PWCC auctions and behaving however the hell they want, between retractions and unpaid items with no repercussions, because these consignment sellers are afraid of losing bidders (and consignors)?

Anybody wants the ID, feel free to PM me.