View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 07:52 AM
Richard Simon

It is not new technology here.
I would assume the alphabet guys were sent items, in plastic sheets, and did not even bother to remove them for a real examination. Since they were copy photos of real autographed photos they just slapped on a COA with no examination.
This was not new technology, this was just a copy photo made from an original autographed photo.
This story was originally posted on a now defunct website some time ago.
The site had the word gavel in it but I don't remember the full name of it.
There was much speculation at the time about the true ownership of the site but that has never been established.
The same test was applied to me. I received five photographs, each one in a plastic sheet. I removed the photos from the sheets and it was then apparent that two of them were copy photos of real autographed photos. I wrote out two letters of rejection for those and three COA's for the real ones. A few weeks later I received one more copy photo from the same person. I removed it from its plastic sheet and once again it was apparent that it was a copy photo. Once again I wrote out a rejection letter.
Some time later, I found the gavel website and read the story. I then posted my experience on my website, outlining the entire story. I had originally thought that the person who sent these to me had just been scammed.
Anytime these people want to pay me over $400 and run a test to see if I am doing my job, well feel free to go ahead and do it.
I feel I can make an educated guess as to who was behind this but since it is only a guess I won't post any names here.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 01-29-2012 at 07:55 AM.