View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 12:29 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulidia View Post
Yes, undoubtedly that would help

I'm London-based so I will actually get my auction winnings sent to San Diego where my ex-partner lives and she'll bring them with her to meet me in NYC later in spring. Usually, it's just photos ..... so I need to break the news to her that there's a fairly large painting to bring also

I'm actually slightly tempted to see if I can buy one or two of the other Perez paintings that didn't sell.
I was surprised more didn't sell and that only two of them broke the $1k mark. There were some really nice ones that I would love to have added that didn't get bids.

Of the three I really liked the only one that sold was the one I bought.

The other two I would have bought if I had the money were "Bill Klem" because of the cardinals players (I am in STL) and the "Sam Rice", I liked the Rice because of him showing a young child how to hold the bat. If I had gotten the Rice I would have also tried very hard to get lot 1841 "1910s-40s Philadelphia A's News Service Photos (24) Including 12 Hall of Famers - From Dick Perez's Personal Archive" because it has what appears to be the source photo for the Rice painting.