Thread: Babe Ruth?
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 09:20 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
Ken, it's just as important or unimportant as it always was. There are always going to be people who would like to see a forum laid out like a publishable book, with themselves and those they respect, as the authors, and the contributors (lesser people such as myself) following rules written in stone.

That's not what a discussion forum is. You have to take the good (expert participation, fun discussions, passionate hobbyists) along with the bad (petty feuds, people on pedestals, violent disagreements).

Or you go write a book and invite Jim and anyone else you respect, to co-author. In any case, Jim will be fine and I'm sure we'll see him around soon enough.
I don't think Jim will be back, we spoke yesterday.
Many years ago, he swore off going to shows. I will give someone $100 if they have a photo of Jim at a show in the last 10 years.
But if you buy him a few beers, you never know what might happen .
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow