View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by batsballsbases View Post
Meatloaf,
As a business man I can totally understand what you are trying to do. I guess we have to look at it as if we were in your shoes. Taking away the collector part of the equation(that is in most of us on this board) and looking at it more as a monitary model. But I guess the difference with me is what would be a fair price for the tickets. I dont believe 10,000 is that number. As most of the members have stated with your grading costs 250-600 at the max end? You said yourself your friend paid 400 for the book of 22 tickets. That comes to 18.18 each. Regardless of the fact of breaking up the book (you could have come on and told us that you found 22 loose tickets really doesnt matter) As a business man if you sold all 22 at lets say 300 each thats 6600 dollars. 500 would be 11,000. In this economy that would be a excellent return on your money. And also knowing that you have another book. Maybe you should have kept that info to yourself for awhile. But bottom line is I think you are getting caught up in the moment and not looking at it in real terms. either way once you pass you lets say 1000 (cost of the book and grading costs) you still stand to make a nice profit. Good luck with your endevor but dont be surprised if your lofty numbers are just that .
Thanks for the solid advice. I got nothing to hide. I paid what I paid. many good points here. Thank you.

It appears I have offended the crowd on these boards. I shall just step away and move on. Thank you for your words. Semper Fi

Last edited by meatloaf; 02-29-2012 at 10:04 AM.