View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 06:57 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
Is there a third party grading company you know of that has anything better than "iffy integrity"? None of the current ones with names comprised of 3 initials would come to mind.

I do agree that no opinion is better than a bad opinion (as per the thousands of erroneous numerical grades exposed on Blowout).

Although PSA, JSA, SGC, BGCC are not fool proof, they had/have a better public perception/persona/image than Global. Global went belly up during the recession because it wasn't good. Those that remained had better public images. That is how I presented it to my friend. So, according to my friend, it has been 10 years in which time the seller could have acted. It was in the sellers best interest to resubmit the card to a new appraiser than to keep it in the holder. Because the seller didn't do that, my friend says that it's the sellers fault for selling a product with an appraisal from a company that was known for bad appraisals.
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo