View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 04:25 PM
Paul

Default T206 Cards Rule -- Nuff Ced

I believe that if you decided to make a pre-war board that excluded all talk about T206 you would lose a vast majority of people that come to this board, at least for their first visits. T206 is a "gateway" set for so many people that you'd never lure the casual T206 collector into learning about bread and candy cards.

I also think a stand-alone T206 forum could stand on its own.

I know that no one is suggesting that we eliminate T206 from discussion, but I flipped the angle to demonstrate the importance that T206 has in this community.

I say bring on more T206 discussions -- it's what most of us want to read anyway.

Generic pre-war card discussions (grading, stories of finds, bad sellers, etc.) are all interesting because they can be applied to T206.

But threads specific to E107s or Obaks I find mostly uninteresting. And while I'm on my rant, I never understood why people collect Obak's. Sure they're pretty, but the players are nearly exclusively a bunch of unknowns. I guess if you're from the West Coast you like cards of your home town. But if the players were any good, they'd have made it into the T206 set.

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206

Last edited by T206Collector; 12-18-2009 at 04:26 PM.