View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 01:42 PM
Eri..c Hu.nt

Default Authentication at the National

I'm going to my first National this year. I was wondering if anybody knows how the on sight autograph authentications work as far as PSA or JSA.

Will I get my items back that same day as long as they don't need a full letter of authenticity?

Turn around times through the mail are getting ridiculous not to mention the crazy postage prices they want. I figured if I could get a bunch of stuff authenticated at once without having to mail it, that may be the way to go.

I did an on sight with JSA at a local card show. I got my items back withing a few hours, but that was a small show. I figure they will be swamped with items at the National and it might take longer.

I submitted an on sight item with JSA that needed a full letter of authenticity. They told me it would take 2 weeks. It's been a month and I still don't have it.

I submitted it on June 23rd. I called on July 17th and they said it was printed out on the 11th, but not mailed out yet. I called again today on the 23rd and they said it was mailed out on the 20th.

My other question is what the heck takes so long to mail out a single Letter of Authenticity? They didn't even have to inspect anything. The authentication was already done. They just had to print out a piece of paper and mail it to me.