View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 09:54 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

If you don't expect to find a treasure each time you enter an antique shop you will usually do okay. I find that antique co-ops are usually the best place to find items. Yes, the dealers with space will usually get first crack as the other dealers will approach them with new items. However, if you are persistent you will find great items every now and then. Along the way you will have fun exploring. Some good places to search out are Route 30 between Gettyburg, PA and Chambersburg, PA. I recall there being one area that had 5 or 6 co-ops. Route 95 and Route 85 in North Carolina, lots of large antique co-ops just of the highways and large billboards advertising them.

My best flea market/antique shop finds:

Late 1920's NFL program, possibly Frankford vs Pittsburgh. Found in a drawer among other papers. Sturbridge, MA antique co-op - $5.

John J. Evers signed 1939 Baseball first day cover - $10 Brimfield Flea Market

Lot of items from a track athlete who attended the University of Kansas in the 1920's. Photos of him in WWI and later and two letterman certificates and a letter all originally signed by Forrest "Phog' Allen, baskeball hall of famer - $100 or less DC Big Flea Chantilly, VA.

My Civil War autograph finds have been much greater, but that is not for this forum.