View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 10:32 AM
Scott S

Default ALL SOLD! 1936 Boston Red Sox and Boston Braves (Bees) rain check / ticket stubs

Hi,

I have a small amount of rain check / ticket stubs which date from 1936, from the Boston Red Sox and Boston Bees (as the Braves were known at the time).

Fronts of tickets have facsimile signatures from the team president; the Bees' tickets have Robert Quinn (former Red Sox owner who was Bees' president from 1933-1945), and the Red Sox tickets have Tom Yawkey (who became owner in 1933). The Red Sox tickets say "Ladies Day" on them, from the promotions where women were encouraged to come to the games. Regular tickets cost 50 cents at the time, and you'll see on the front that the "Ladies Day" ticket was only 25 cents.

Condition is nice on all of these - there may be a minor crease or two on a few of them but nothing major, and mostly clean rips on where these stubs were separated from the remainder of the ticket.

Backs of the Red Sox tickets have ads, either for Jordan Marsh (former large department store in Boston) or for Coleman Bros. You will see on the Coleman Bros. ticket that it states they were the contractors for the "New Fenway Park." Fenway had a fire before the 1934 season, and after a massive construction project, opened in April 1934 and was called "New Fenway Park" for a while. Bees tickets have a generic message on the back.

I am dating these tickets to 1936 as they came from a lot with another identical Bees ticket which had a 1936 schedule on the back.

I am selling the stubs at $5 each; I have about 10 of each available. Shipping will be $2 per order.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by scooter729; 01-27-2013 at 07:29 PM.