View Single Post
Old 11-19-2004, 07:00 PM
Administrator

Default What one may not know when posting...

Posted By: Dan Koteles

is that when you bring one of these smaller auction houses to light on this board...one of us collectors maybe bidding on something we want really bad and boom , there goes the price of the item.

This just happened to me as the TipTop 1910 got posted up here and prior to that they kept in the high 2 grand range and as soon as it posted here, whip , bam, hit , slam ...(all the good old batman noises )may have made them jump.

Of course , Iam not totally mindless to believe that they would have stayed in that range, but ...I analyzed the dickens out of this group and figured that even rampant, Id get em 5k best, didn't happen.

I figured a Top all bid at 6800.00 would take care of them and I was right, but sure would have liked them at what I deemed they would realize!

I know that Iam not the only one in the world that wants TipTops, but at somepoint you have to protect the collector, isn't he who keeps this ball a rollin?

Some may call this whinning, but a good point to ponder is that one of your cohorts maybe pursuing that actual item you have just opened all the doors to. Once the goodies are out of the collectors hands, you'll continue to pay more.

Keep some of these issues within your pals. Good luck to all in Mastros.

I still got my Tip Tops !