View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 10:50 AM
K&v!/\/ R@g$d@/3

After viewing posts to this thread, after I said I would leave the site, I have found it rather humorous that I am still the "topic of conversation" and an obsession of David Atkatz. I am posting some pictures of my items to help settle this controversy concerning my collection. I do not feel that after this is done, I will post any more photos. This should satisfy the curiosity seekers and doubters. I do not care about authenticity opinions, because I have a few well-known vintage autograph dealers whose opinion I respect, but feel free to post your opinions provided you have the evidence to back them up; and I do not consider Ron K's book the end-all-and-be-all for authenticity opinions.

Please note the following for the posted pictures:
1. The Hulbert and Addie Joss are from the Lajoie scrapbook. And the Joss is the one in Ron K's book.
2. The Dean is his 1936 contract. Note: The Rare full name signature.
3. The Taylor is an HLS.
4. The White is a legal document.
5. The Ross Young's is a photo from the early '20's.
6. The Clarkson is a check endorsement. You can see the date on the scan. Did not load on this will post later
7. A final tidbit is Shoeless Joe Jackson's 1948 South Carolina Driver's License. This was purchased through the Sothebys auction in the late 90's.
Since I am a private person I do not go about posting/publishing pictures of my items. Close collector friends of mine have seen my collection and know what I have....they have never expressed any doubts.

I have never said that my collection rivaled the Baseball Hall of Fame's or was a "little Cooperstown"; this opinion appears to have come from this thread.

I appreciate everybody's interest and, again, hope this will put the issue to rest. Feel free to contact me through this thread if you would like.

As for you, Mr. Atkatz, since you posted publicly your opinion of me, I shall now post publicly my opinion of your comments. You do not know me, nor will you ever know me well enough to state an opinion concerning my professional integrity, judgment or demeanor; or my personal integrity, judgment or demeanor. Please do not even insinuate that you can judge my collecting habits, judgment or demeanor. I do not deal with jerks in my office, personal life or collecting circles. I took your bait and posted pictures of some of my items, I am now cutting the line and hope that we will have no further contact with me via this thread.... let the matter end. I believe by the tone of your posts that you are a bitter, jealous and cynical collector. If you want to show me yours, I'll show you mine and I'll bet my collection is bigger. I hope that I never have the displeasure of meeting you in person.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BB_image1.jpg (30.5 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg BB_image2.jpg (53.0 KB, 141 views)
File Type: jpg BB_image3.jpg (68.2 KB, 142 views)
File Type: jpg BB_image4.jpg (72.3 KB, 142 views)
File Type: jpg BB_image5.jpg (45.0 KB, 193 views)
File Type: jpg BB_image6.jpg (55.5 KB, 414 views)
File Type: jpg BB_image7.jpg (41.8 KB, 223 views)

Last edited by Klrdds; 03-13-2014 at 10:52 AM.