View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 07:02 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

There have been a few times over the last 9 years when I've taken a break from both this board and collecting in general. Each time has been a positive experience leaving me with my batteries recharged and ready to dive in again. Unfortunately, I cannot say that about my time away from Sept of last year till Feb of this year because being away meant I missed this post and a chance to mourn and celebrate Jimmy.
Jimmy was always willing to share his knowledge about collecting, and offer kind words of encouragement. The only thing bigger than his collection was his heart. I remember one day a few years ago, opening the mailbox and finding a large envelope. Enclosed was an original Pride of the Yankees still that I had always admired. The enclosed note simply said "Mike, I thought you might like this, Jimmy".
People like Jimmy, Ben (Forever Young), Mark (Lordstan), Scott Garner, and so many others are what make this hobby (and this board) fun, and when they're gone, they are, and will be missed.
Ben, I know you were good friends with him, and I'm so so sorry for your loss.
Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'll go look at Jimmy's collection on-line and reminisce.