View Single Post
Old 10-15-2016, 06:45 PM

Dale, Since Bee Hives fall into the range of a regional / food issue, sometimes collectors take an awful long time to notice and finally appreciate something like these.

For the far, far majority of collectors, their eyes are glued to Topps, O-Pee-Chee and Parkhurst.

Stupid.

However, those few collectors who enjoy and appreciate the elegant Bee Hives and their fascinating promotion will seriously wish the gum card guys stay focused on them. I only own a pair of them, and felt glad to get them, as I wanted a couple as type cards. I relish a good story and the Bee Hives deliver the goods, so to speak.

Dale, if you would, please load up a scan of your original Bee Hive ad. I'd love to have a closer look. Would you say the ad traces to the Type 1s, 2s, or 3s?

Back to PSA for a moment, if a MASTER SET REGISTRY player collector wishes to submit a Bee Hive, I for one feel it would enhance his player set handsomely. Really, PSA should grade the Type 1s and 2s; after all, being that the company issued their premiums and photos glued to a colored piece of paper, then they are as-issued and therefore legitimate to be authenticated and adjudicated with a proper numerical grade. First, however, it would be beneficial to them to have a conference call with three known Bee Hive experts to educate them on the fine points and vicissitudes of the given types. This way, the PSA graders will know how in the world to properly grade them.

Wishing you well with your Bee Hives. Please, please, load up a scan of your ad, and one of an original brown envelope the St. Lawrence Starch Company LTD used to send an eager youngster his "free prize".

---Brian Powell

Last edited by brian1961; 10-15-2016 at 06:48 PM.