View Single Post
Old 02-04-2002, 09:30 AM
Administrator

Default How About Those Pats!

Posted By: Vintagecatcher

Having lived in New England all my life, I have seen some wonderful moments. Bobby Orr and the Bruins winning the Stanley Cup. The image of Orr soaring through the air as he scores the goal. Carton Fisk's homerun in game six of the World Series. Now I can add "The Field Goal" to the list.

I have also seen some heartbreaking loses like the 1986 World Series against the Mets. My hand still hurts where I pounded the floor after the ball went through Buckner's legs.

It also seems like Boston's teams have gotten more than their share of the short end of the stick with regards to "questionable" calls over the years.

I thought the officiating of this Super Bowl game was "criminal!" (That's why the refs wear stripes, because they should be behind bars.) Was I the only one who watched the Rams offensive line continually hold!

The only thing worse than the officials was the announcers. Madden should also have "retired" with his friend Pat. It was nice to see him back peddle after the Patriots had the brass to go for the win.

It was a nice team win!